I’ll admit…I had to do a little Googling to find out if Pink Slips are still referred to anymore. Old school, I guess. Answer: yes. But, not the Pink Slip referring to your car sale, but the one referring to your walking papers.
Getting a termination or R.I.F. notice is no picnic, but it doesn’t have to stop you in your tracks. Don’t get discouraged. This is a time when you want to take immediate action and use your work momentum to keep moving forward and looking for the next phase of your career.
- Create a list and an email. Go through your contacts and select the people you will contact via email to inform them that you are now actively looking for a new position. Make sure to include your Pointe Profile® link in your email, so your contact has your information readily accessible to use or forward to a potential employer.
- Create a call list. Create a list of the people you will call to share with them that you are actively looking for a position. An email is a good tool for keeping in touch, but nothing says you are ready to take action more than a phone call.
- Create an agenda for those phone calls. You want to know what you are going to say before you get on the phone. It will keep you focused and let the other person know that you have a reason for contacting them.
- First, you want to introduce yourself or re-introduce yourself and establish that the person you called is familiar with you and what you do.
- Second, after exchanging pleasantries, you want to share with them that you are actively looking for a position.
- Third, ask the person if they are aware of any positions or if they could turn you on to anyone in their network that might be aware of any positions.
- Update your Pointe Profile ®. Make sure that your information is assimilated in your Pointe Profile®. Having the information assimilated into your profile gives you the ability to forward links via text or email. This also makes it much easier for and more likely for your contact will forward your information to a key player in your next position.
Any resume updating that needs to be done should be done on the day you get your pink slip so your most recent accomplishments are fresh on your mind and won’t be left out. However, make sure that while you are in a position, you are consistently updating your resume, so you don’t have to worry about it if you get another pink slip.
Connexion Pointe® is only $97 for a lifetime account, so there’s no reason not to consistently update your profile with new information as you take on new projects, accomplish new professional goals, or have additional relevant information to add.
- Create a shareable contact on your smartphone that includes the link to your website. This makes it easy for you to immediately text or email your information and Pointe Profile® link without wasting time.
Connexion Pointe® makes it easy for your to have your profile ready to use at any moment, so you are back to work faster than ever. Start your Connexion Pointe Profile® today and be ready for any career opportunities that come your way. For more tips on staying ready for the dreaded pink slip, our free ebook can get you started. Just fill in the form below, and we’ll send it to you. If you really want to take your preparedness to the next level, our 3 to Get Ready masterclass has step-by-step guides and tutorials on how to present like a true Rock Star!